The DJ Kings Blog
Bar Mitzvah on A Budget
I speak regularly with friends, families, & clients who are concerned about the costs of having a Bar or Bat Mitzvah party and how to stay within budget.
There are two types of parents that plan Bar Mitzvah celebrations. The parents who pull out all the stops with all the bells and whistles for the party. If this sounds like you – great go ahead. Be prepared both for significant costs and a great celebration. Remember that the best Bar Mitzvahs manage to keep the focus on the Bar Mitzvah boy the fun occasion, no matter what the final budget of the event.
But what if you want something with a smaller budget , less expensive, and just as meaningful? These families who are not interested to compete with the last set of parents who went above and beyond what a Bar Mitzvah should be and want to incorporates the Jewish tradition, special ceremonies and good times. Follow these easy tips and can save you big bucks in the planning.
Here are some tips how you can have a memorable Bar Mitzvah party.
- Venue selection that has great dynamics for a party….sized to the number of guests, easy access and parking, clean restrooms, and fun vibe.
- Choose inexpensive but interesting party favors to hand out to guests. We offer great prize packages, for any number of guests.
- Interactive games, our DJ’s bring hula hoops, jump ropes, limbo sticks and other fun games to interact and keep guested entertained through out the event.
- Ask your DJ about ambiance lighting & up-lighting to make the room come to life, rather then balloons and flowers.
- Use your photos, videos, that you have been collecting for a great slide show that can be presented with a projector and screen.
- Think about interactive and fun memorable take home items. We offer inexpensive open concept photo-booths, or a fun casino game tables or other arcade styles games that can be set up in the room.
- Keep the focus on what your child wants. If he wants a dance party, have a dance party.
- As the parent, delegate what you want with your DJ prior to the event. This leaves you free to work the room and relax.
- A good party starts with a good crowd, don’t invite negative people that will be a downer to your event.
At The DJ Kings we strive to work with families to create a Bar Mitzvah party that accomplishes both your vision: budget and fun. We’ve learned to find the happy medium between a over the top affair and a casual low-cost get together by placing the emphasis on fun, family and traditions.
We are The DJ Kings for a reason and would love to be your DJ of choice.