The DJ Kings Blog
Choosing The Right DJ
When choosing a DJ for your upcoming Bar or Bat Mitzvah you should do a little homework for the best entertainment. Running The DJ Kings for the past 15 years has taught me that each parent and child’s party is unique and you have to take the time to learn what is important to them.
- Ask your son or daughter what type of party that he or she envisions.
- Meet with your DJ/MC early on so everyone’s on board with the same vision and can come up with the ideal plan to make it happen
- Speak to your DJ about incorporating fun games that are both fresh, interactive, and fun. We incorporate fun Dance off contest, DJ scratch lessons, limbo, hula hoop challenge, or jump rope.
- Don’t fill the night with special elements like parent/child dances, montage videos and speeches. Fill a time slot for them and keep the party going.
- A great DJ is going to put together the entertainment plan that’s right for YOUR party, guests and budget.
- Music and flow is key to everyone having a great time. Trust your DJ to play the songs you want, as well as allow them to take their cues from your guests and ability to read the crowd.
Book in advance:
- Book your DJ early! Order of importance is as follows : 1. Venue 2. Entertainment. 3.Other
- Your DJ/MC is your master of ceremonies, so let the professionals handle the flow of your timeline control guests, announcements and other formalities. If you try to control every detail, it’s going to look obvious to your guests that you’re not in the party mindset. Better still, hire a day-of event coordinator to work in tandem with your DJ– then you won’t have a worry the entire day!
These great tips can ensure that your Bar or Bat Mitzvah party will run without a hitch and you can enjoy celebrating a momentous occasion with your family.